Electronic signature renewal processDownload in PDF format
Step 1: Preparation
Before you start the renewal process of your qualified certificate:
- install the latest version of proCertum CardManager software
- install Sun Java Runtime Environment software
Note: in some situations installing Java may require you to purchase a paid license, so please review Oracle’s licensing terms.
- prepare the activation code purchased in our online store.
(if you don’t have an activation code, you can buy it here)
Note: The qualified certificate renewal process cannot be performed in the Internet Explorer browser and in the Mozilla Firefox browser (versions earlier than 69).
If you use:
- Classic e-signature (a physical card and a reader) > insert the cryptographic card in the reader.
- Mobile e-signature (cloud service) > open the SimplySign Desktop application and log in.
Note: When your certificate’s validity period is over, you cannot renew it anymore. Then you need to purchase a new one – you can find it here.
You can’t renew your certificate if:
- its validity period is over;
- you changed your surname, PESEL number or ID (changing your ID to a passport);
- the ID assigned to the certificate is invalid;
- the entity’s NIP or REGON changed;
- your certificate was invalidated before.
If you can’t renew your certificate, contact our hotline +48 91 4801 300.
Step 2: Activation of electronic signature renewal
Activation of electronic signature renewal is performed at https://status.certum.pl/odnowienia/auth
During the activation of electronic signature renewal, we will ask you to:
- download the Certum Application (link),
- open the file: aplikacja_Certum.jnlp
- choose the qualified certificate you want to renew and press the “OK” button – serial number and card number will be filled automatically
- fill the rest of the fields: “Date of birth”, “Place of birth” and “code from the image”, and then press the “Next” button
- enter an activation code purchased to renew your qualified signature,
- verify if the data in the certificate is correct (you will be able to modify some of them),
- enter valid data from your ID or passport,
- electronically sign the Annex to the Subscription Agreement.
When you fill the form, remember to provide up to date information and check every field thoroughly because some of them will not be filled automatically, for example, the field for the ID.
Note: Remember to provide a current email address. That’s where we will send you instruction for saving your certificate to a card.
When you sign the Annex electronically, it is automatically sent to us.
Step 3: Certificate issue
Your qualified certificate will be issued within 7 business days after we receive the Annex. You will be informed via email.
You will also have the possibility to install a qualified signature in an online process.
If there is a need to provide some additional data or confirm some information – we will get in touch with you.